Hoxton Square Bar and Kitchen is well known amongst the East London trendy for gigs and boutique beers however their food menu and dining experience remained a mystery to many. Their website, although functional, frequently visited and kept up to date, was not optimised for mobile phones and portable devices (which many diners use) and felt retro (in a bad way). I worked with Catch as the sole developer on this project alongside Ryan Overeem, the designer I worked with during the Scope project, to create an exciting, trendy and maintainable web site which worked across mobile devices such as Android and iPhone as well as iPad and regular desktops/laptops. After launch the site was featured on jQuery Isotope's home page boosting views and generating positive chatter on Twitter.
No Longer online
- Front-end Drupal Developer
- Back-end Drupal Developer
- Android web browser caused many problems for us with the Dropdown select menu sizing (iPhone worked perfectly off the bat).
- Issues with performance had to be solved early on, with markup minimisation a key element of the front end development process.
- FLICKR switched to OATH half way through the development process meaning an update to the FLICKR which caused many bugs that needed patching.
- FLICKR embedded slideshows are Flash and wouldn't work on mobile so various slideshows were tried until Galleria was chosen.