My first official contract in Melbourne, Australia turned out to be working directly for the Department of Justice: Victorian Government Solicitors Office - pretty neat!
So what is the VGSO? The VGSO is the Victorian Government's law firm and handle high profile cases that involve state government organisations (eg the Police). I learnt pretty quickly working there that lawyers can be very picky about content they publish.
- Drupal module development.
- Drupal theming.
- Linux web administration (including setting up SOLR, Varnish, Memcache and Apache vhosts).
- Worked directly with the IT Team at the VGSO.
- Migrating content and users between Drupal 6 and Drupal 7.
- Working within a sensitive environment (law) and still being adventurous with design and user experience.
- Setting up SOLR instances for staging and live versions of the site.
- Setting up and optimising Varnish.
- Installing and configuring memcache to deliver a fast authenticated user experience.